Commitment to User Privacy
Curtis & Coulter (C&C) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Curtis & Coulter LLC (C&C) runs multiple industry leading, annual conferences worldwide, along with a full complement of content marketing services, and intimate networking events – all aimed at educating, supporting, and connecting the leadership of the world’s core industries. C&C is based in New York, United States. Find out more here: https://www.curtiscoulter.com/about
Information we collect from you
C&C will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you provide us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our websites (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. C&C may record your phone calls with us for quality control and for governance purposes. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
Information C&C collects about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site C&C will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed; page response times, download errors, duration of page visits, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information C&C receive from other sources.
This is information C&C receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case C&C will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. C&C will also have told you for what purpose C&C will share and combine your data. C&C are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers). C&C will notify you when it receives information about you from them and the purposes for which C&C intends to use that information.
The legal basis for processing your Personal Data
In order to comply with applicable data privacy laws, C&C is required to set out the legal basis for the processing of your Personal Data. In accordance with the purposes for which C&C collects and use your Personal Data, as set out above, the legal basis for processing your Personal Data will typically be one of the following:
- – our own or our third parties’ legitimate business interests (for example, in maintaining and promoting our business by providing customers with feedback opportunities or other instances where C&C have carried out a legitimate interests assessment and have established an existing legitimate interest);
- the performance of a contract that C&C have in place with you;
- your consent where appropriate; or
- compliance with our legal obligations.
Uses made of the information
C&C use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. C&C will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service; to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information C&C collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
Information C&C receive from other sources. C&C will combine this information with information you give to us and information C&C collects about you. C&C will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that C&C have the right to share such portions of your personal information as may be appropriate with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract C&C enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site;
- professional organizations including hotels and venue owners, as well as our event sponsors and exhibitors. Speakers’ profiles including their images may be shared on C&C event websites and indexed by search engines, for example Google.
C&C will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that C&C sell or buy any business or assets, in which case C&C will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If C&C or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where C&C store your personal data
To help protect the privacy of data and personally identifiable information you transmit through use of our site, C&C maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. C&C restrict access to your personal data to those employees who need to know that information to provide benefits or services to you. In addition, C&C train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. C&C commit to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees’ privacy responsibilities.
Although C&C will do it’s best to protect your personal data, C&C cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once C&C have received your information, C&C will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
C&C will keep your personal data for as long as we need it, or as otherwise prescribed by law, for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have paid to attend a conference with us, C&C will keep a record of your payment for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. C&C may also keep a record of correspondence with you or where recorded via telephone (for example if you have made a complaint about a conference) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Our data retention policy further describes our retention practices.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. C&C will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if C&C intend to use your data for such purposes or if C&C intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms C&C use to collect your data. You can also exercise this right at any time through your contact preference center in the footer of marketing emails you may receive from C&C.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that C&C do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Correcting, Updating or Removing Your Personal Information
C&C will make every attempt to keep your personal data accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal information is incorrect, changes or if you no longer wish to receive information from us, C&C will endeavor to correct, update or remove your data as swiftly as possible. You can email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Social media features
Data subject rights
Data subjects in the United States and other jurisdictions may have rights in relation to their personal data which include:
Right to rectification. Data subjects may request that C&C rectify any inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
Right to withdraw consent. Data subjects may at any time withdraw their consent to the processing of their personal data carried out by C&C on the basis of their previous consent. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on such previous consent.
Right to make a subject access request (SAR). Data subjects may request in writing copies of their personal data. However, compliance with such requests is subject to certain limitations and exemptions and the rights of other individuals. Each request should make clear that a SAR is being made. You may also be required to submit a proof of your identity and any payment permitted by law, where applicable.
Right to object to processing including automated processing and profiling. C&C do not make automated decisions about data subjects. However, C&C may rely on information provided by third parties such as credit reference agencies which may score data subjects on the basis of automated decisions. Profiling may be carried out for business administration purposes, such as monitoring trends in user visits of our website and in order to deliver relevant ads to users’ devices. C&C will comply with valid objection requests unless C&C have a compelling overriding legitimate ground for the continuation of our processing or C&C have another lawful reason to refuse such request. C&C will comply with each valid opt-out request in relation to marketing communications.
Right to erasure. Data subjects may request that C&C erase their personal data. C&C will comply, unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so. For example, there may be an overriding legitimate ground for keeping the personal data, such as, our business record retention obligations that C&C have to comply with.
Restriction. Data subjects may request that C&C restrict our processing of their personal data in various circumstances. C&C will comply, unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so, such as, a legal obligation to continue processing your personal data in a certain way.
Right to data portability. In certain circumstances, data subjects may request the controller to provide a copy of their personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have it transferred to another provider of the same or similar services. C&C do not consider that this right applies to our Services. However, to the extent it does, C&C will comply with such transfer request. Please note that a transfer to another provider does not imply erasure of the data subject’s personal data which may still be retained for legitimate and lawful purposes.
Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. We recommend that data subjects contact us about any questions or complaints in relation to how C&C process their personal data. However, each data subject has the right to contact the relevant supervisory authority directly.
In order to exercise any of these rights, please email your request to email@example.com.
Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation
C&C has taken all reasonable steps to comply with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation. We only email contacts with whom we have had a business relationship within the last 2 years, individuals who may have enquired about an event in the last 12 months or who have opted in to receive our divisional marketing communications. Should you receive an unsolicited email from C&C please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove your details within 72 hours.