The healthcare landscape has changed dramatically over the past several years in large part due to the shift in focus.
Without a doubt, the emphasis being towards the goal improving patient outcomes and innovation in product development and smart technology.
With that, so has how the industry engages and connects with its customers. One of the huge changes in successful healthcare marketing has been the growth in developing and executing powerful content marketing strategies. The benefits are endless however there are many core criteria which need to be ironed out ahead of time to ensure you hit a “home run” with your future marketing campaign. Furthermore, the growth in digital marketing in life-sciences and the distribution of content through the social platforms has created a whole new avenue and endless opportunities as to how life-science companies are engaging patients and consumers.
Sounds like a lot of work, right? Yes, but understand it comes down to factors such as target audience, offering, who is creating the content, and also how you choose to deliver it, not to mention when. There are a number of clear benefits to your organization and brand with a carefully prepared and targeted content marketing strategy. Benefits include:
- Increased visibility of your brand
- Develop lasting relationships with your audience
- Improve brand awareness and recognition
- Create loyalty and trust, with both your current customers and prospects
- Help build authority and credibility
- Positions your business as an expert in your industry
- Generates traffic to your site to improve lead generation
- Opens a channel of communication through social shares and comments
- Helps your customer move through the purchase decision more quickly
- Provides value with no strings attached
To get you started, we wanted to share with you a complimentary e-Book kindly shared from our friends at Red House B2B Marketing. The 7-Step Approach for Compelling Content Marketing is a comprehensive guide to all things content marketing, as well as planning, alignment, targeting, content creation, distribution and all the fun marketing metrics which go along with it.
This free e-Book covers:
- An introduction to content marketing
- Mapping your content strategy
- Aligning to your business goals
- Identifying your themes and formats
- Creating your calendar and determining your distribution strategy
- Content creation / sourcing
- Measurement criteria to advance your success
- Implementing all of these steps in a successful manner